Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Welcome to the SpartanCareerSeeker Blog

Hello All and Welcome to the SCS Blog!

My name is Eva and I will be your guide the next few months on how to perform effective job search and how to boost your Career IQ!

Here's a little bit of background about myself. I am a senior at Michigan State University in the College of Engineering. I will be graduating in December of 2009 with a Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering with an ultimate goal of finding a full-time position as an engineer in industry. While at MSU I have been able to be involved in student organizations, a fantastic study abroad program in Ireland, several student jobs around campus, and have even had several chances to do internships with some great companies! Now that I'm nearing graduation, I'm looking to use all of the skills I've learned during my education to land a fantastic job!

In addition to tracking my own progress, my goal for this blog is to act as a resource to other students who may be looking for internships/co-ops or full-time positions. With the job market as competitive as it is right now, it is important that we all put our best foot forward in order to set ourselves up for success!

If you have any specific questions that you'd like me to address in this blog, topic ideas, or constructive criticism please feel free to e-mail me SpartanJobSeeker@gmail.com. I will be happy to incorporate your feedback into my weekly entries!

No comments:

Post a Comment